CBSE Board Exams 2021: Important Preparation Tips For Students
Exam preparation time, especially for students appearing for class 10 board exams can be quite strenuous. The very fact that they will be competing with scores of students across the country can give jitters to most students.
However, it is important to educate students that board exams are just like any other exam that they have been taking, the only difference being that these are the first nationalized exams. Instead of worrying about external factors that are beyond their control, they need to focus on their goal.
Below Are Some Important Exam Preparation Tips For Students:
1. Practice Solving Sample Exam Papers: Many bookstores sell sample or previous question papers. Students are encouraged to procure these question papers which will help them get acquainted with the type of questions that are generally asked. Solving such papers also helps them to plan their time allocation for each answer thus ensuring they get sufficient time to finish.
2. Keep Fit and Be Relaxed: Staying fit, both mentally and physically is important during exam time. Eating healthy food with lots of green leafy vegetables, and doing some form of exercise is beneficial in keeping one's mind as well as the body active and fit. Also, remember to stay hydrated at all times.
3. Do Not Leave Any Topic for The Last Minute: Do not keep any topic or subject, no matter how difficult it is, for the eleventh hour. It is best to make a planner of which subjects one is least comfortable with and finish them first so that the easier ones can be finished off quite easily at the end.
Many Bookstores Sell Sample Or Previous Question Papers. Students Are Encouraged To Procure These Question Papers Which Will Help Them Get Acquainted With The Type Of Questions That Are Generally Asked
4. Make Brief Notes While Studying: Creating brief and precise notes from textbooks, reference books, and class notes is always handy as it helps the students to have a quick revision by referring only to those notes rather than running through an entire textbook.
5. Create a Timetable: Time management is key for any exam preparation. The best way to manage time is to create a timetable well in advance of the exams. The timetable should give enough time for studying each subject, while also ensuring short breaks to stay active.
6. Practice Writing: Students should practice writing at a uniform speed within a stipulated time as it would be of great help during the actual exam. Practicing previous years' exam papers in a timed manner is another way of getting good writing and time management practice.
7. Organize Your Space for Study: It is important to have a well-lit and well-ventilated space where students can feel comfortable studying. Sufficient space should be provided for storing textbooks and notes.
8. Set Study Goals: It is important to set yourself a goal during the start of your exam preparations so that it is easy to track progress and devote time to subjects or topics which you find difficult.
9. Get Together with Friends for Study Sessions: Organizing study sessions with your friends can also provide a lot of motivation for studying. Studying with friends is also a great way of challenging oneself and helps to progress through subjects faster than if studying alone.
10. Take Regular Intervals: It is often felt that studying long hours will result in better productivity but is the opposite. Studying for long hours drains the mind and decreases concentration levels. Even a short 10-minute walk or a chat with friends will help one rejuvenate their mind and helpful in bringing back focus.